Sunday, July 4, 2010

Lillias finally lost here first tooth Friday evening. She's been waiting for this to happen for months. For her it is one of those monumental things that makes you a "big girl". For the past two weeks she's been wiggling it incessantly and showing everyone she knows how loose it is. She'd find ways to work it into conversations and get responses from people. "Oh my loose tooth is hurting so much right now." When it finally happened I wasn't here to witness the glorious event. I was however told and retold in vivid detail, early the following morning while I was mostly still asleep. "Look mom I lost my tooth. Daddy wanted to pull it out, but I said no, and then I pulled it out myself. Aren't you proud of me. Isn't it cool that I lost my tooth? Do you want to see the picture Daddy took of me after I lost my tooth?" Throughout the following day she continued to say "Isn't it cool that I lost my tooth" along with frequent trips to the bathroom to admire her gap in the mirror. The tooth fairy left her a total of .30 cents in nickles and pennies this morning, because it's not the value of the money that counts when you are 5, but the amount of monies you can hold in your hand. .30 cents is a lot more than a loonie or a twonie. Besides she then had enough change to let Miete and Leif share in the thrill of depositing it in their communal piggy bank
.
 I went to wake Violet from her nap the other day and this is how her dress looked. I don't know how she got her arm out because the buttons were still all done up on the back, and it is not a wide neck dress. I guess we're going to have to have the modesty talk with her a little sooner than I anticipated. But don't you just want to kiss that sweet neck. She really is such a darling, and I can't get enough of her cuteness. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment