Monday, May 2, 2011

Cutie pants enjoying the spoils of our Easter egg hunt. She couldn't stop shoveling the chocolate in, but isn't she darling!
Violet discovered ladybugs recently. She's 
fascinated with them, and is so gentle and careful. She gets so excited just to watch them crawl all over her. She's enthralled with most bugs actually. The other day she was following a fat, lazy bee around the yard, trying to catch it. I was relieved that it got away.
So I have recently started making these wreathes. My sister in law, Holly inspired me and then I just found all sorts of great ideas on Etsy and other sites. I made this one for my sister Jacquie for her birthday and I have a cute one on my own front door. Sometimes I use colored yarn and sometimes ribbon. It's a great mothers day idea. I will be making one for my mom. I also make little hair clips and clothing pins with the felt flowers as well. I've really fallen in love with felt. I Think I'll make myself a wreath for each season.
I also found several owl stuffie patterns online and combined them to make my kids these adorable owls for Easter. Took me two strait days of sewing, but they turned out okay and my mistakes aren't noticeable to my kids.

I would love to be able to sell crafts on Etsy but there is so much on that site already I don't know if it would be worth it. Maybe if I advertised being from Canada I could get the Canadian customers who don't want to pay huge shipping fees. I don't know when I'd find the time, between homeschool, pre school, swim classes and all the other classes my girls attend through Summit. Well summer is soon so we shall see.

I'm also trying to find more cleaning jobs if anyone local knows of any hook ups. I have several semi regular jobs that I work around preschool, homeschool and finding a sitter, but what I'd really like is an evening office cleaning job a couple of times a week. If you know of anyone and you live in my general area send them my way.

Other news, but not really, is I have been training for The Rock N' Roll half marathon that is in Seattle at the end of June. Last year I ran my first half and I'd really like to improve my time by 5 minutes this year. I don't know if that is a realistic goal. I feel like I've hit my prime in the short 5 years that I've been running and it's all down hill from here. If only I had started running in my twenties instead of waiting until I was thirty. I am not sure if it is possible for me to improve my pace by much if any. Worse, would be to come in a slower time. Oh, that would be just awful, and the thought of it torments me.
 For my birthday Chris got me one of those Nike things you attach to your shoe, along with a wrist band. It doesn't have a GPS on it but once I can get it set to my pace it will tell me my distance, calories and pace per run. It's been kind of hard getting it regulated. This past Saturday I had to run 12km. I was excited because I had new shoes and I was eager to try them out. Well it turned out to be the longest, slowest run. I had to keep adding to my route to make up my goal distance and it seemed like my pace was dreadfully slow. By 7km I had bleeding blisters on the back of my left heel, and I was feeling exhausted. I really had to push myself to pick up my pace and complete the 12km distance. When I finished I felt so discouraged and depressed that it had taken me so long to run 12km. I decided to map my run online just to be sure I was as slow as I thought I was. Well to my delight it turns out I had actually ran 14km, which is why I must have felt so exhausted. So I have since reprogramed my Nike thing, and am feeling so happy that I am not as slow as I thought I was. There is hope for a new PR after all.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post!! thank you for sharing! You always inspire me to get my butt moving and do a post :)

    ReplyDelete