Sunday, May 29, 2011

My darling Lillias with sparkly hair.
Kelly put hair tinsel in my girls hair and it should last a month or so, but I've had to replace a few already with their rowdy life style. It looks really neat in the sun though and they get tons of compliments which of course they love. They're going to send some to their cousins Bailey and Brooklynn. We even put one in Violets hair. She doesn't know because if she did I'm sure she would rip it out.
Speaking of my little Giant Violet, ( that is what we call her due to her giant personality) she is becoming quite a little terror. More so then I remember  any of my previous three children being. When she was still a baby I remember  her crying and throwing her head back as if  to start a tantrum, and thinking this child is going to be a handful.  Well she has proved me right. Not only is she very mischievous,  smearing chocolate syrup all over herself and the floor, 
putting black mascara  all over her face, dumping, no make that throwing her cereal/ jello/ yogurt/ pudding across the table or onto the floor. I can't feed her, she yells and knocks the food out of my hand. She has to do it herself, even the messy stuff. She mostly uses her hands to eat, and squishes it between her fingers and smears it around the table, and when she's finished what is left gets dumped on the floor. This isn't the half of it though. This girl can yell so loud and so long when she doesn't get her way. She hits all of us, she bites, she picks up what is closest to her and throws it. The other day Chris wouldn't let her go outside with the big kids so she got a boot, holding it high above her head and came after him yelling  her head off. I started to laugh, so then she went to throw the boot at me. I know it shouldn't be funny, but sometimes all you can do is laugh. 
Miete and Lilli are in swim lessons on Wednesday and Friday, so I have to bring Leif and Violet along for that adventure. Violet has thrown herself down on the pool deck screaming because I won't let her throw whatever she can get her hands on into the pool. I dread those afternoons. This is a lesson for me. I used to judge those parents with out of control children, and think why do they let them get away with so much. I've learned you pick your battles, especially when in public. I am not a horrible parent either. She has a strong will and wants to do what the big kids are doing. As well she is so quick. I was standing right next to her when she dumped the chocolate syrup, and when her little hand grabbed the mascara out of my make-up bag, but my back was to her. 
 She also terrorizes her siblings. When Leif is playing quietly with his trains and trucks she sneaks up and knocks them all over or grabs them and runs. The other day while sitting next to Leif on the couch she bit a mouthful of his hair out just because she felt like it. She hits Lilli a lot especially when Lilli tries to mother her a bit to much and Violet won't have any of it. When I try to make her apologize she snaps "no", and walks away or pushes Lilli away.


Okay she's not all monster though. She goes down for naps and to bed really easy. She seems to like sleeping and look forward to it. She gets that from me. She loves to kiss and to cuddle and she loves her baby dolls. She carries dolls around wrapped in blankets with my purse over her arm, and she sings to them and feeds them. She's also the best little dancer of any kid her size, and she'll dance to anything, even the dryer. She does love to wrestle with her siblings and daddy, and once when Lilli was crying Violet got a wash cloth and squatted down by Lilli and tried to wipe her tears. That was so sweet. We hang onto those precious moments. We do love her and are entertained by her, but she is hard to contain. She really is a giant in a little body.






2 comments:

  1. OH my Gosh!! I loved this post - WHile reading it I could have sworn you were writing it about LEAH!! She has done all those same things. Inf act whenever it is quiet I feel this streak of fear go through me wondering what she is into or distroying!! She does all those things violet does and she also loves nap and bad time. I figure it takes alot of energy to be that naughty ;) We love our Leah to bits but WOW it can be challenging. I loved reading this blog post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, she really is deceiving! She looks so angelic and I have not witnessed any of her yelling yet. I'm glad you got the pic of her and the chocolate sauce, super cute! You can put that up on her wedding day. :)

    ReplyDelete