Thursday, September 8, 2011

I just want to write a quick post. I am lonely and bored lately, which is why I am blogging more. I have lots of time to think, and therefore to write.
 First off I just wanted to thank everyone for their feedback on my last entry. I loved all of your comments and helpful advice. It is comforting to know I am not completely alone in my mommy angst. Honestly there is so much more I would have liked to say, but I refrained myself. You can only be so candid on a blog that is not anonymous.
 As well, on further reflection I hope I have not offended anyone. I know I have some dear friends who have gone, and continue to go through major trials. Being a single mother must be a real challenge and I really admire those of you who do it. Your breaks really are few and far between, unless you are lucky enough to have a supportive family. Having a spouse in the military would also be a great trial, as would having a special needs child, or the loss of a child, or going through a major illness, or being single and wanting a family. To those of you who may relate to any of these categories I apologize for my insensitivity, but at the same time the heart feels how the heart feels. It is how I act on those feelings that is most important.
 I still really would like a kid free vacation. Then I would miss them, and think about them, and be happy to come home to them. For a little while anyways.
 Here's a new topic. I love my house. It is so cute and has three full levels. We have wood floors on the main level and stone floors in the kitchen. I have a good size area with a gas fire place that I am making into a school room. I have a dishwasher for the first time in my married life. A large finished basement that I throw all the kids toys, and unpacked boxes down to. I don't even care how messy it is down there, because no one will see it. I'm going to put a stationary bike and treadmill down there eventually as well. I have my own bathroom and a walk in closet. I can't wait to get decorated and settled in. The girls room is done already and it looks so cute, until you open their closet and see it loaded with boxes. They have a bit of an owl theme going on. When everything is set up I will post pics.
 Last thing I want to talk about. Christopher and recently discovered this little band, and we LOVE them.
  You have to click on the link to see. That song is so beautiful, but so are all their other songs. It doesn't hurt that the male singer is a cross between Johnny Depp and Jack White either. Anyways I am pretty sure that some of my friends will appreciate them.
this handsome face always melts my heart and makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment